COLES SUPERMARKETS PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2017-2018
All work on public holidays is voluntary!
*All information is correct for Coles Stores in Queensland.
UPCOMING PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR THE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD ARE:
- Monday, 25 December 2017;
- Tuesday, 26 December 2017;
- Monday, 1 January 2018 &
- Friday, 26 January 2018.
Public Holidays for Full-timers and Part-timers
- Whether your store opens or does not open for trade on a public holiday, and you would have been rostered to work, you are entitled to the day off without loss of pay.
- For Full-time employees, if a non-working day falls on a public holiday, you will receive by mutual agreement either:
(a) payment of an additional day’s wages
(b) another day off in conjunction with the next period of annual leave
(c) within 28 days after the holiday falls. If not taken within 28 days, the day will be paid out.
- For part-time employees, you shall be entitled to (a), (b) or (c) above where you work an alternating roster and the public holiday falls on a day on which you work in any week of your roster cycle.A part-time employee who works an average of 20 starts per 4 week cycle, whose non-working day falls on a public holiday, shall also be entitled to (a), (b) or (c) above.
- Where your store opens for trade on a public holiday and you would normally be rostered to work and you volunteer to work, you will receive an additional 150% for all time worked.Where the majority of an employee’s rostered shift falls on a public holiday, the entire shift shall be regarded as the public holiday.Where an employee is rostered for a shift with an equal number of hours on a public holiday and on the day before a public holiday the entire shift shall be treated as a public holiday for all purposes of the Agreement.
Where an employee is rostered for a shift with an equal number of hours on a public holiday and the day after a public holiday the entire shift shall be treated as a normal shift for all purposes of the Agreement.
- All Coles stores must cease trading by 6pm on Christmas Eve.
- After 6.00pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve:(a) Team members need to advise at least 4 weeks prior to Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve that they do not want to work that day or time.
The Company shall initiate a process to determine if any permanently rostered team members do not seek to work their rostered hours after 6pm on Christmas or New Year’s Eve. This process shall also inform team members that such work is voluntary.
(b) In cases of permanently rostered team members not wanting to work at these times they shall be rostered to work on another day or time in the 4 week cycle as part of their ordinary hours and paid ordinary rates of pay.
(c) Volunteers will be sought at least 7 days prior to Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve in cases where permanently rostered team members do not seek to work on that day or time.
(d) If insufficient volunteers are obtained for work between 6pm and 9pm on New Year’s Eve then the Company shall have the right to direct the working of a team member’s normal roster so that a reasonable staffing level is reached.
The Full-time, Part-time Level 1 hourly rate for Public Holidays (250%)
AGE HOURLY RATE
The CASUAL Level 1 hourly rate for Public Holidays (275%)
AGE HOURLY RATE