DAVID JONES PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2017-2018
All work on public holidays is voluntary!
*All information is correct for David Jones Stores in Queensland.
UPCOMING PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR THE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD ARE:
- Monday, 25 December 2017;
- Tuesday, 26 December 2017;
- Monday, 1 January 2018 &
- Friday, 26 January 2018.
Public Holidays for Full-timers and Part-timers
- Where your store does open or does not open for trade on a public holiday, and you would have been rostered to work, you are entitled to the day off without loss of ordinary pay for hours rostered to work.
- For Full-time employees, if a non-working day falls on a public holiday, you will receive by mutual agreement either:
(a) payment of an additional day’s wages
(b) one day added to your annual leave
(c) another day off with pay
For part-time employees, you shall be entitled to (a), (b) or (c) above where you work an alternating roster and the public holiday falls on a day on which you work in any week of your roster cycle.
A part-time employee who works an average of 5 days per week, whose
non-working day falls on a public holiday, shall also be entitled to (a), (b) or (c) above.
- If permanent staff work on a public holiday, they will be paid the ordinary hourly rate plus 150% for all time worked.
- All David Jones stores must cease trading by 6pm on Christmas Eve.
Public Holidays for Casual Employees
Payment for work is 250%.
Note: A casual employee receives the same Public Holiday hourly rate as full-time and part-time employees. The Full-time, Part-time and CASUAL Level 1 hourly rate for Public Holidays (250%)
AGE HOURLY RATE
17 & under $25.33