DRAKES PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2017-2018
*All information is correct for Drakes Stores in Queensland.
UPCOMING PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR THE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD ARE:
- Monday, 25 December 2017;
- Tuesday, 26 December 2017;
- Monday, 1 January 2018 &
- Friday, 26 January 2018.
- If an employee (other than a casual employee) is not required by the employer to work any part of the employee’s ordinary hours on a public holiday, the employee is entitled to be absent from work on that public holiday. An employee absent from work on a public holiday in accordance with this clause must be paid the appropriate wages for the number of ordinary hours that the employee would have worked if it had not been a public holiday.
- For designated trading days on a public holiday, as a first step the Company will call for volunteers to work. If, however, there are insufficient volunteers then the Company will request employees to work and such employees shall be required to work.
- For part-time employees, it is agreed that rosters should not be altered to avoid penalties. However, where a public holiday falls on a “not required day”, it will attract no payment. A “not required day” for part-time employees means a day where no work is rostered.
- Work performed on a public holiday is paid at 250% for full-time and part-time employees. Casual employees receive 270%.
- Where a full-time employee or a part-time employee working an average of 5 days per week, whose non-working day falls on a public holiday where a benefit applies, they shall be paid by mutual agreement, either –
(a) payment of an additional day’s wages;
(b) addition of one day to the employee’s annual leave, or
(c) another day may be allowed off with pay to the employee within twenty-eight days after the holiday falls, or during the week prior to the holiday.
If the Company and the employee are unable to reach agreement on either (a), (b) or (c) above, the employee must be paid an additional day’s wages.
A part-time employee shall be entitled to the provisions of (a), (b), and (c) above where the employee works an alternating roster and the public holiday falls on a day on which the employee works in any week of their roster cycle.
What are the rates of pay?
The Full-time and Part-time Shop Assistant hourly rate for Public Holidays (250%)
Under 16 $24.12
The Casual Shop Assistant hourly rate for Public Holidays (272.25%)
Under 16 $26.27