Coles DC Public Holidays Easter 2022
During April and May 2022, six Public Holidays occur.
- Good Friday – 15 April
- Easter Saturday – 16 April
- Easter Sunday – 17 April
- Easter Monday – 18 April
- ANZAC Day – 25 April
- Labour Day – 2 May
PUBLIC HOLIDAY HOURLY RATE OF PAY FOR PERMANENT EMPLOYEES
PUBLIC HOLIDAY HOURLY RATE OF PAY FOR CASUAL EMPLOYEES.
Afternoon shift allowance: $6.37 per hr.
Night shift allowance: $7.79 per hr.
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR FULL-TIMERS AND PART-TIMERS
- Where a D.C. does not operate on a Public Holiday and you would have been rostered to work, you are entitled to the day off without loss of pay.
- Where a D.C. does operate on a Public Holiday and you would have been rostered to work:
• you may request to work the day or part thereof and shall be paid the appropriate rate.
• when an employee chooses not to work or is not required to work, such employees shall be paid in accordance with point 1 above.
- A full-time or a part-time member working an average of five days per week, any of whose non-working days fall on a Public Holiday, shall be paid by mutual agreement either:
(a) payment of an additional day’s wages, or
(b) addition of one day to the employee’s annual leave, or
(c) another day off with pay to be taken within 28 days after the holiday falls or the week prior to the holiday.
A part-time member shall be entitled to the provisions of (a), (b) and (c) above when an employee works an alternating roster and the Public Holiday falls on a day on which the employee works in any week of their roster cycle.
A full-time, part time and fixed term team members who is regularly rostered to work Monday to Friday shall not receive the benefit of a public holiday which falls on a Saturday or a Sunday unless a substituted day has been prescribed.
- A full-time or part-time employee who are regularly rostered to work Monday to Friday or Sunday to Thursday shall not receive the benefit of a Public Holiday that falls on Easter Saturday. Similarly, Tuesday to Saturday employees or Wednesday to Sunday employees will not be entitled to Easter Monday.
- All full-time or part-time employees who are regularly rostered to work Tuesday to Saturday or Wednesday to Sunday will receive the benefit of Point 3 for all other Public Holidays that fall on a Monday, except Easter Monday. This benefit will be taken as an additional day off at a mutually agreed time within 12 months of the Public Holiday.
- Where there is agreement between the majority of a shift and the Company a shift may be substituted from one day to another.
- All work performed on Public Holidays is paid at 250% of the part-time rate plus shift allowances with a minimum payment of 4 hours pay.
- Easter Sunday – Because of the strong lobbying by the SDA, Easter Sunday has been legislated as a public holiday throughout Queensland. Easter Sunday is treated just like any other public holiday on the calendar. Members can now choose whether to work or not, enjoy the non-working day benefit and be paid public holiday penalties if they are chosen to work. All full-time or part-time employees who are regularly rostered to work Monday to Friday shall not receive the benefit of Point 3 for Easter Sunday.