EG Australia Public Holidays Christmas 2021
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR FULL-TIMERS AND PART-TIMERS
AFTER STRONG LOBBYING FROM THE SDA, MEMBERS WILL ENJOY 3 ADDITIONAL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS OVER THE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD.
THE 8 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR THE UPCOMING CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD ARE:
- Friday, 24 December 2021, 6pm – midnight
- Saturday, 25 December 2021
- Sunday, 26 December 2021
- Monday, 27 December 2021
- Tuesday, 28 December 2021
- Saturday, 1 January 2022
- Monday, 3 January 2022
- Wednesday, 26 January 2022
Thanks to the SDA, Christmas Eve is a public holiday from 6pm to midnight.
|AGE||FT & PT HOURLY RATE||CASUAL HOURLY RATE|
|18 & under||$40.44||$43.67|
*wage rates are rounded to two decimal places.
Public Holidays for Full-timers and Part-timers
- Whether your outlet opens or does not open for trade on a public holiday, and you would have been rostered to work, you are entitled to the day off without loss of pay.
- For Full-time employees, if a non-working day falls on a public holiday, you will receive by mutual agreement either:
(a) another day off in lieu with pay to be taken at a mutually agreed time within 28 days after the holiday falls, or
(b) an additional day’s wages, or
(c) one day added to your annual leave.
For part-time employees, you shall be entitled to (a), (b) or (c) above where you work an alternating roster and the public holiday falls on a non-working day on a day of the week on which you work in any week of your roster cycle.
A part-time employee who works 20 starts per 4 week cycle, whose non-working day falls on a public holiday, shall also be entitled to (a), (b) or (c) above.
- Where your petrol outlet opens for trade on a public holiday and you would normally be rostered to work and you volunteer to work, you will receive an additional 150% for all time worked.
- The Agreement states:
Work on a public holiday is voluntary for all employees. However, where sufficient staffing level are not attained for a public holiday, the Company may direct an employee to work their normal roster (or part thereof) on the public holiday. Provided that the Company must take into account the employee’s family responsibilities and any other reasonable grounds the employee may have for not working on that public holiday, when directing an employee to work in accordance with this clause.
Public Holidays for Casual Employees
The Public Holiday rate of pay for casual employees is 270%.