Officeworks Public Holidays Easter 2022
During April and May 2022, six Public Holidays occur.
- Good Friday – 15 April
- Easter Saturday – 16 April
- Easter Sunday – 17 April
- Easter Monday – 18 April
- ANZAC Day – 25 April
- Labour Day – 2 May
The Level 1 full-time, part-time and Casual Team Member’s hourly rate for work performed on public holidays.
|17 & UNDER||$35.20|
*wage rates are rounded to two decimal places.
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR FULL-TIMERS AND PART-TIMERS
- Whether your store opens or does not open for trade on a public holiday, and you would have been rostered to work,
you are entitled to the day off and you will be paid your ordinary time earnings (including penalties as appropriate) for the hours normally rostered to work.
- For Full-time employees, whose non-working day falls on a public holiday, you will receive by mutual agreement either:
(a) payment of an additional day’s wages
(b) one day added to your annual leave
(c) another day off with pay to be taken within twenty eight days of the holiday or during the week prior to the holiday.
For part-time employees, you shall be entitled to (a), (b) or (c) above where you work an alternating roster and the public holiday falls on a day on which you work in any week of your roster cycle.
A part-time employee who works 20 starts per 4 week cycle, whose non- working day falls on a public holiday, shall also be entitled to (a), (b) or (c) above.
- Where your store opens for trade on a public holiday and you would normally be rostered to work, you volunteer
to work and are chosen to work, you will receive the appropriate public holiday rate of pay.
Because of the strong lobbying by the SDA, Easter Sunday has been legislated as a public holiday throughout Queensland.
Members can now choose whether to work or not on Easter Sunday and be paid public holiday penalties if they choose to work.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What happens if a public holiday falls in my holidays?
Don’t worry. You are still entitled to a day off without loss of pay. As such, you’ll be paid for the public holiday instead of using your annual leave.
- Do I have to work on a public holiday?
No, all work on a public holiday for ALL employees is voluntary.
- Do roster changes affect my entitlement to public holidays?
No, your roster cannot be changed with the intent to avoid payment of penalties, loadings or other benefits. Should this occur you are still entitled to the benefit.