MCDONALDS PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2017-2018
*All information is correct for McDonalds Stores in Queensland.
UPCOMING PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR THE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD ARE:
- Monday, 25 December 2017;
- Tuesday, 26 December 2017;
- Monday, 1 January 2018 &
- Friday, 26 January 2018.
Public Holidays for Full-time and Part-time employees
- Whether your restaurant opens or does not open on a public holiday, and you would have been rostered to work, you are entitled to the day off without loss of pay.
- A full-time employee whose non working day falls on a public holiday, shall be entitled to an additional day’s ordinary pay.
- A part-time employee shall be entitled to the provision of point 2 above where the employee is rostered so that they do not work their ordinary hours on the same days each week (an alternating roster) and the public holiday falls on a day on which the employee works in any week of their roster cycle.
- A part-time employee shall be entitled to the provisions of point 2 above where the employee is normally rostered to work 5 days per week and their non working day falls on a public holiday.
- Employees working on a public holiday will be engaged for minimum of 3 hours.
- All full-time and part-time employees except a level 4 employee will be compensated for working on a public holiday by the payment at the rate of 200%.
Level 2 and Level 3 casual employees will be paid at the rate of 200% of the weekly employee’s ordinary hourly rate with a minimum engagement of 3 hours.
LEVEL 2 PART-TIME & CASUAL HOURLY RATE
LEVEL 3 PART-TIME and CASUAL HOURLY RATE