OFFICEWORKS PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2017-2018
UPCOMING PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR THE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD ARE:
- Monday, 25 December 2017;
- Tuesday, 26 December 2017;
- Monday, 1 January 2018 &
- Friday, 26 January 2018.
Public Holidays for Full-timers and Part-timers
1. Whether your store opens or does not open for trade on a public holiday, and you would have been rostered to work, you are entitled to payment for the day based upon your ordinary time earnings, including penalties as appropriate, for the hours normally rostered to work.
2. For Full-time employees, if a non-working day falls on a public holiday, you will receive by mutual agreement either:
(a) payment of an additional day’s wages;
(b) one day added to your annual leave;
(c) another day off with pay to be taken within twenty-eight days of the holiday or during the week prior to the holiday.
For part-time employees, you shall be entitled to (a), (b) or (c) above where you work an alternating roster and the public holiday falls on a day on which you work in any week of your roster cycle.
A part-time employee who works 20 starts per 4 week cycle, whose non-working day falls on a public holiday, shall also be entitled to (a), (b) or (c) above.
3. Where your store opens for trade on a public holiday and you would normally be rostered to work and you volunteer to work, you will receive an additional 150% for all time worked.
All Officeworks stores must cease trading by 6pm on Christmas Eve. All work performed after 6pm on Christmas Eve is voluntary.
New Years Eve
All work performed after 6.00pm on New Year’s Eve is voluntary.
The Full-time, Part-time and Casual Level 2 hourly rate for Public Holidays (250%).
AGE HOURLY RATE
The Level 1 hourly rate for Public Holidays (250%) is $60.20
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What happens if a Public Holiday falls in my holidays?
Don’t worry. This day will not be deducted from your annual leave balance.
- Do I have to work on a public holiday?
No, all work on a public holiday for ALL employees is voluntary. I repeat, VOLUNTARY!
- Do roster changes affect my entitlement to public holidays?
No, your roster cannot be changed to avoid payment of penalties, loadings or other benefits. Should this occur you are still entitled to the benefit.