TARGET PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2017-2018
All work on public holidays is voluntary!
*All information is correct for Target Stores in Queensland.
UPCOMING PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR THE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD ARE:
- Monday, 25 December 2017;
- Tuesday, 26 December 2017;
- Monday, 1 January 2018 &
- Friday, 26 January 2018.
Public Holidays for Full-timers and Part-timers
Whether your store opens or does not open for trade on a public holiday, and you would have been rostered to work, you are entitled to the day off without loss of pay.
For Full-time employees, if a non-working day falls on a public holiday, you will receive by mutual agreement either:
(a) payment of an additional day’s wage
(b) one day added to your annual leave
(c) another day off with pay to be taken within twenty-eight days of the holiday or during the week prior to the holiday.
For part-time employees, you shall be entitled to (a), (b) or (c) above where you work an alternating roster and the public holiday falls on a day on which you work in any week of your roster cycle.
A part-time employee who works 20 starts per 4 week cycle, whose non-working day falls on a public holiday, shall also be entitled to (a), (b) or (c) above.
3. Where your store opens for trade on a public holiday and you would normally be rostered to work and you volunteer to work, you shall be paid at the rate of 250% with a minimum payment as for three hours work.
4. All Target stores must cease trading by 6pm on Christmas Eve.
5. After 6pm on Christmas Eve and after 7pm on New Years Eve: Work is voluntary subject to –
(a) Volunteers will be sought at least 7 days prior to Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve in cases where permanently rostered staff do not seek to work on that day or time.
(b) In cases of permanently rostered staff not wanting to work at these times they shall be rostered to work on another day or time in the four week cycle as part of their ordinary hours and paid ordinary rates of pay.
(c) Employees need to advise at least 4 weeks prior to Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve that they do not want to work.
Target shall initiate a process to determine if any permanently rostered staff do not seek to work their rostered hours after 6pm on Christmas Eve and 7pm on
New Year’s Eve.
5. Public Holidays for Casual Employees
Payment for work is 250%.
Note: A casual employee receives the same Public Holiday hourly rates as a Full-time and Part-time employee.
The Full-time, Part-time and Casual Level hourly rate for Public Holidays (250%)
AGE HOURLY RATE
16 & under $26.68
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What happens if a Public Holiday falls in my Holidays?
Don’t worry. This day will not be deducted from your annual leave balance.
- Do I have to work on a public holiday?
No, all work on a public holiday for ALL employees is voluntary. I repeat, VOLUNTARY!
- Do roster changes affect my entitlement to public holidays?
No, your roster cannot be changed to avoid payment of penalties, loadings or other benefits. Should this occur you are still entitled to the benefit.