WOOLWORTHS BLDC PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2017-2018
Information correct for Woolworths Brisbane Liquor Distribution Centre in Queensland.
UPCOMING PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR THE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD ARE:
Monday, 25 December 2017; Tuesday, 26 December 2017; Monday, 1 January 2018 & Friday, 26 January 2018.
- All full-time and part-time employees will be entitled, subject to the remaining provisions of this clause 7.2, to a day off with pay, where the employee would be ordinarily rostered on a day which is a public holiday.
- Casual employees who do not work a public holiday will not be entitled to any payment.
- All work performed on public holidays will be voluntary.
- When work is performed on a Public Holiday, the Company will seek volunteers firstly from:
a. Full time employees, then
b. Part time employees, then
c. Fixed term employees, then
d. Casual employees
- In the event that the Company does not require employees to work on a public holiday for which they are rostered, the Company will provide seven (7) days notice to the employees not being required.
- The minimum engagement on a public holiday will be four (4) hours.
- Employees will be paid 250% of their base hourly rate for all hours worked on a public holiday or 150% of their base hourly rate for all ordinary rostered hours worked on the public holiday plus the ordinary rostered hours worked taken as time off in lieu, all hours worked above the ordinary rostered hours will be paid at 250% of their base hourly rate.
- Time off in lieu will be scheduled by mutual agreement and will be taken within sixty (60) days after working the public holiday. Where a full time or part time employee elects for the 150% option and does not work their ordinary rostered hours on a public holiday, all hours worked will be paid at 250% of their base hourly rate, no time off in lieu will be accrued.
- If a full time or part time employee ordinarily rostered to work on a public holiday is not required to work on that public holiday, they will be paid their daily rostered rate of pay for the number of hours they would ordinarily be rostered to work on the day. Where a full time or part time employee elects to work on a public holiday, but they do not work their ordinary rostered hours, all remaining hours not worked will be paid at 100% of their daily rostered rate of pay.
Classification Public Holiday hourly rate
Level 1 (0-12 months) $58.1250
Level 1 (13-24 months) $64.6000
Level 2 $71.0868
Level 3 $81.9211