New BRDC Agreement approved by FWC
July 7, 2021 News
Good News! The New Agreement is approved!
The new BRDC Enterprise Agreement 2021 has now been approved by the Fair Work Commission and will take effect from 26th July 2021. The first 3.1% pay increase will be back paid to 5th July 2021 (Monday of this week).
The agreement will also include:
- Annual Pay increases of 3.1%, 3.15%, 3.2% and 3.25%
- The same increases applied to afternoon and night shift allowances.
- A casual to permanent conversion clause that mirrors the National Employment Standards.
- 21 days notice for roster changes.
- Sunday overtime that continues into the Monday will be paid at double time the whole way through.
- Uniforms can be purchased 1 month before your anniversary every year, instead of on the same date you received you order the year before.
- The automatic right to arbitration for disputes.
- The Redundancy cap is increased to 72 weeks.
- An increase to the Saturday rate to 140% at the start of the 2nd year of the agreement and 150% at the start of the 4th year.
This agreement will provide security and longevity for the BRDC and its workforce for 4 years. The SDA would like to thank all of its delegates for their hard work during the negotiations and thank you too, our loyal and supportive members.