Your vote is important on 31 October
On Saturday 31 October, Queenslanders will decide who will govern the State for the next four years. We should never lose sight of the fact that we Australians live in a democratic country and as such, we have the right to choose who our elected representatives will be.
In my position as the Queensland Branch Secretary, I have the responsibility to inform our members of the facts knowing full well that each and every eligible member has the inalienable right to choose their preferred candidate.
Before you cast your intentions on the ballot paper, I ask you to consider the following achievements of the Palaczszuk Labor Government:
- Gazetted Easter Sunday as a public holiday from 2017. This was the first public holiday gazetted since 1927;
- In 2019, the Palaszczuk Government gazetted Christmas Eve as a public holiday from 6pm to midnight;
- Legislated for a 5 year moratorium on extended shop trading hours;
- Recently improved WorkCover legislation for injured workers;
- Continually improved Workplace, Health and Safety legislation.
- Introduced legislation into the Queensland parliament regarding safeguards for retail and fast food workers concerning customer abuse, customer coughing, sneezing and spitting;
- Kept Queenslanders safe throughout the pandemic.
Election Day – 31 October
State and federal governments impact our lives in so many ways. That is why your vote is so important on 31 October.
I ask you to choose your vote wisely.