Coles DC Public Holidays Christmas 2022
November 25, 2021 Know Your Rights
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR FULL-TIMERS AND PART-TIMERS
AFTER STRONG LOBBYING FROM THE SDA, MEMBERS WILL ENJOY 2 ADDITIONAL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS OVER THE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD.
THE 7 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR THE UPCOMING CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD ARE:
- Sat, 24 December 2022, 6pm – midnight
- Sun, 25 December 2022
- Mon, 26 December 2022
- Tue, 27 December 2022
- Sun, 1 January 2023
- Mon, 2 January 2023
- Thu, 26 January 2023
THANKS TO THE SDA, CHRISTMAS EVE IS A PUBLIC HOLIDAY FROM 6PM TO MIDNIGHT
PUBLIC HOLIDAY HOURLY RATE OF PAY FOR PERMANENT EMPLOYEES
PUBLIC HOLIDAY HOURLY RATE OF PAY FOR CASUAL EMPLOYEES.
Afternoon shift allowance: $6.62 per hr.
Night shift allowance: $8.10 per hr.
- Where a D.C. does not operate on a Public Holiday and you would have been rostered to work, you are entitled to the day off without loss of pay.
- Where a D.C. does operate on a Public Holiday and you would normally have been rostered to work: you may request to work the day or part thereof and shall be paid the appropriate rate or you may elect to be paid at the rate of single time plus applicable shift allowances and take TOIL at the rate of 150%.
When a member chooses not to work or is not required to work, such employees shall be paid in accordance with point 1 above.
- A full-time or a part-time member working an average of five days per week, any of whose non-working days fall on a Public Holiday, shall be paid by mutual agreement either:
(a) payment of an additional day’s wages, or
(b) addition of one day to the employee’s annual leave, or
(c) another day off with pay to be taken within 28 days after the holiday falls or the week prior to the holiday.
A part-time member shall be entitled to the provisions of (a), (b) and (c) above when an employee works an alternating roster and the Public Holiday falls on a day on which the employee works in any week of their roster cycle.
A full-time, part time and fixed term team members who is regularly rostered to work Monday to Friday shall not receive the benefit of a public holiday which falls on a Saturday or a Sunday unless a substituted day has been prescribed.
- Shift Allowances are payable on a Public Holiday whether the member works or elects not to work on the Public Holiday.
- All work performed on Public Holidays
is paid at 250% of the part-time rate with a minimum payment of 4 hours pay.
- It is agreed between the parties that should Coles or any of its representatives offer any team member a higher rate or additional benefit for work on a public holiday then such offered rate or additional benefit will be offered to all team members and shall remain the standard rate of payment for all public holidays thereafter.