Coles Public Holidays Easter 2023
March 21, 2022 Know Your Rights
During April and May 2023, six Public Holidays occur.
- Good Friday – 7 April
- Easter Saturday – 8 April
- Easter Sunday – 9 April
- Easter Monday – 10 April
- ANZAC Day – 25 April
- Labour Day – 1 May
(Kings’s Birthday is observed on Monday, 2 October 2023).
These are in addition to the Regional Show Holidays.
The Full-time, Part-time Level 1 hourly rate for Public Holidays (225%)
The Casual Level 1 hourly rate for Public Holidays (250%)
|15 & under||$27.78|
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR FULL-TIMERS AND PART-TIMERS
- Where your store does not open for trade on a public holiday, and you would have been rostered to work, you will be paid at your base rate of pay.
- Where your store opens for trade on a public holiday, a permanent team member normally rostered to work may request to work the day, or part thereof. They shall be paid the appropriate penalty for time so worked. Coles may decide to decline such a request if there is no operational need for the member to work.
- Easter Sunday
Because of the strong lobbying by the SDA, Easter Sunday has been legislated as a public holiday throughout Queensland.
Easter Sunday is treated just like any other public holiday on the calendar. Members can now choose whether to work or not and be paid public holiday penalties if they are chosen to work.
- What happens if a Public Holiday falls in my Annual Leave?
Don’t worry. You do not lose your entitlement to the public holiday. The actual public holiday is treated as such and that day will not be deducted from the member’s annual leave entitlement.
- Do roster changes affect my entitlement to public holidays?
No, your roster cannot be changed to avoid payment of penalties, loadings or other benefits. Should this occur, you are still entitled to the benefit. If you are unsure of how this entitlement may affect you, please contact your Shop Steward or Union Organiser at the Union Office.
- Do I have to work on a public holiday?
No. All work performed on public holidays including Easter Saturday is voluntary.