David Jones Public Holidays Christmas 2021
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR FULL-TIMERS AND PART-TIMERS
AFTER STRONG LOBBYING FROM THE SDA, MEMBERS WILL ENJOY 3 ADDITIONAL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS OVER THE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD.
THE 8 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR THE UPCOMING CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD ARE:
- Friday, 24 December 2021, 6pm – midnight
- Saturday, 25 December 2021
- Sunday, 26 December 2021
- Monday, 27 December 2021
- Tuesday, 28 December 2021
- Saturday, 1 January 2022
- Monday, 3 January 2022
- Wednesday, 26 January 2022
Thanks to the SDA, Christmas Eve is a public holiday from 6pm to midnight.
All work on public holidays is voluntary including Christmas Eve between 6pm and midnight.
The Level 1 rates for Public Holidays for all employees are:
|AGE||FT & PT HOURLY RATE||CASUAL HOURLY RATE|
|16 & under||$25.15||$27.94|
*wage rates are rounded to two decimal places.
Please note that if you work the closing shift on Christmas Eve, and perform work after 6pm, all work after 6pm is paid at the public holiday rate.
Public Holidays for Full-timers and Part-timers
- Where your store does open or does not open for trade on a public holiday, and you would have been rostered to work, you are entitled to the day off without loss of ordinary pay for hours rostered to work.
- Work on a public holiday is voluntary for all employees.
- If Permanent Employees elect to work they are paid the minimum hourly rate plus 125% for all time worked.
- If Casual Employees elect to work they are paid the minimum hourly rate plus 150% for all time worked.
- The minimum engagement on a public holiday is 3 hours or payment for 3 hours.
- If an employee is absent for a rostered shift the day before or the day after a public holiday they shall show David Jones that the absence was caused through illness or other acceptable reason.