Target Public Holidays Easter 2023
During April and May 2023, six Public Holidays occur.
- Good Friday – 7 April
- Easter Saturday – 8 April
- Easter Sunday – 9 April
- Easter Monday – 10 April
- ANZAC Day – 25 April
- Labour Day – 1 May
The Level 1 Full-time, Part-time and Casual Level hourly rate for Public Holidays:
|AGE||PERMANENT HOURLY RATE||CASUAL HOURLY RATE|
|16 & under||$26.3043||$29.2270|
*wage rates are rounded to two decimal places.
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR FULL-TIMERS AND PART-TIMERS
- Where your store does not open for trade on a public holiday, and you would have been rostered to work, you are entitled to payment for the day based on ordinary time earnings for the hours normally rostered.
- Where your store opens for trade on a public holiday and you are chosen to work, you will receive 225% of your ordinary rate. Provided that, when an employee chooses not to work, they are entitled to the day off without loss of pay.
- Time off in lieu (TOIL)
a. By mutual agreement between Target and a part-time or full-time team member, instead of receiving penalty rates for working on a public holiday, the member can be compensated for working a particular public holiday by either:
i. An equivalent day or equivalent time off in lieu without loss of pay. The time off must be taken within 28 days of the public holiday occurring or it will be paid out; or
ii. An additional day or equivalent time added to their annual leave balance.
b. The team member and Target are entitled to agree a new choice of payment or time off by agreement on each occasion work is performed on a public holiday. If no agreement can be reached on the method of compensation, the default arrangement shall be the payment of penalty rates.
- Easter Sunday
Because of the strong lobbying by the SDA, Easter Sunday has been legislated as a public holiday throughout Queensland.
Members can now volunteer to work or not on Easter Sunday and be paid public holiday penalties if they are chosen to work.
Public Holidays for Casual Employees
Payment for work is 250%.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What happens if a Public Holiday falls in my Holidays?
Don’t worry. Your holidays will increase by one day for every public holiday that falls in your annual leave.
- Do roster changes affect my entitlement to public holidays?
No, your roster cannot be changed to avoid payment of penalties loadings or other benefits. Should this occur you are still entitled to the benefit. If you are unsure of how this entitlement may affect you, please contact your Shop Steward or Union Organiser at the Union Office.