Woolworths BLDC Public Holidays Christmas 2022
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR FULL-TIMERS AND PART-TIMERS
AFTER STRONG LOBBYING FROM THE SDA, MEMBERS WILL ENJOY 2 ADDITIONAL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS OVER THE CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD.
THE 7 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR THE UPCOMING CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR PERIOD ARE:
- Sat, 24 December 2022, 6pm – midnight
- Sun, 25 December 2022
- Mon, 26 December 2022
- Tue, 27 December 2022
- Sun, 1 January 2023
- Mon, 2 January 2023
- Thu, 26 January 2023
THANKS TO THE SDA, CHRISTMAS EVE IS A PUBLIC HOLIDAY FROM 6PM TO MIDNIGHT
PUBLIC HOLIDAY HOURLY RATE OF PAY FOR PERMANENT EMPLOYEES
|Level 1 (0-12 months)||$66.51|
|Level 1 (13-24 months)||$75.15|
- All full-time and part-time members will be entitled, subject to the remaining provisions of clause 7.2, to a day off with pay, where the employee would be ordinarily rostered on a day which is a public holiday.
- Casual employees who do not work a public holiday will not be entitled to any payment.
- All work performed on public holidays will be voluntary.
- When work is performed on a Public Holiday, the Company will seek volunteers firstly from:
a. Full time members, then
b. Part time members, then
c. Fixed term members, then
d. Casual members
- In the event that the Company does not require employees to work on a public holiday for which they are rostered, the Company will provide (7) days notice to the employees not being required.
- The minimum engagement on a public holiday will be (4) hours.
- Employees will be paid 250% of their base hourly rate for all hours worked on a public holiday or 150% of their base hourly rate for all ordinary rostered hours worked on the public holiday plus the ordinary rostered hours worked taken as time off in lieu, all hours worked above the ordinary rostered hours will be paid at 250% of their base hourly rate.
- Time off in lieu will be scheduled by mutual agreement and will be taken within (60) days after working the public holiday. Where a full time or part time employee elects for the 150% option and does not work their ordinary rostered hours on a public holiday, all hours worked will be paid at 250% of their base hourly rate, no time off in lieu will be accrued.
- If a full time or part time employee ordinarily rostered to work on a public holiday is not required to work on that public holiday, they will be paid their daily rostered rate of pay for the number of hours they would ordinarily be rostered to work on the day. Where a full time or part time employee elects to work on a public holiday, but they do not work their ordinary rostered hours, all remaining hours not worked will be paid at 100% of their daily rostered rate of pay.
- For all purposes of this Agreement, when a shift extends over two days of the week, the shift will be deemed to be worked on the day on which the majority of hours are worked. In the case of an equal number of hours being worked on both days, the shift will be deemed to be worked on the day on which it ceases.
- Where an employee does not get the benefit of a full shift for a public holiday, they will be entitled to payment at 250% of their base hourly rate for any hours worked on the public holiday (a day as defined 00:01 – 24:00).